VBS is open to any child who has completed kindergarten through 5th grade as of June 2018.
2. What will my child experience each day during VBS?
Children will experience exciting age-appropriate Bible storytelling and praise and worship. They will also enjoy fun games, activities, crafts, snacks and age-graded life group experience where they will have the opportunity to apply the Bible truths and lessons taught in worship.
3. Is there a cost for my child to participate?
4. How do I register my child?
We have multiple opportunities for you to register your child. You may:
• Pre-register online at fcclife.org/vbs through Sunday, 6/10/18. • Pre-register at the VBS display located in the lobby at each of our campuses on Sunday mornings, 4/4/18 – 6/10/18. • Registration will be open each day during the week of VBS from 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
5. How do I check-in my child each morning of VBS?
• When you arrive at the Salem Campus follow signs to the tent marked Check-In. • Children will be checked in by the first letter of their parent/guardian's last name. • Children will receive a security badge to be placed on their VBS lanyard. • Parent/guardian will receive a matching security badge to be turned in when picking up their child each day. • You will be directed to a drop-off/pick up point inside the building based on the first letter of the child’s parent/guardian’s last name.
Children Not Pre-Registered:
• When you arrive at the Salem Campus follow signs to the tent marked Register Here. • Volunteers will assist you in registering your child and will give complete instructions. • Children will receive a security badge to be placed on their VBS lanyard. • Parent/guardian will receive a matching security badge to be turned in at check-out each day. • You will be directed to a drop-off/pick-up point inside the building based on the first letter of the child’s parent/guardian’s last name.
For the safety and security of all children attending VBS, parents/guardians will be asked to remain behind the Parent/Guardian Stop Point.
6. How do I check-out my child each day?
You will return to the same door where you dropped off your child that morning. VBS volunteers will assist you by calling for your child. Children will be released to one of the authorized individuals with the security tag.
7. What happens if I lose my security tag?
At check-out be prepared to show your current or valid driver’s license for identification purposes.
8. What if I need to pick-up my child early?
When you arrive come into the church lobby and ask to see someone in the Kids Life office.
9. What if we arrive after 9:00 AM?
When you arrive ask for someone in the Kids Life office. We will assist your child to their life group.
10. What if I need someone to pick my child up who do not have the security tag?
When registering your child, you will be asked to provide names/contact numbers of 3 additional people who are “authorized” to check-out your child. They will be required to show a current or valid driver’s license for identification purposes.
11. Who will be taking care of my children while they are at VBS?
FCC members, regular attendees, and staff will be the only individuals permitted to serve during VBS. Each volunteer will have completed training for the week. ALL adults will have completed a criminal background screening. All youth volunteers will be approved through FCC’s Kids Life and Youth Ministry and will have completed training as well.
12. What kind of snacks will be served?
Fun, kid-friendly snacks will be served each day. Kids Life strives to serve, nut-free and dye-free snacks when possible. There will be a gluten-free option each day.
**If your child has other food allergies and/or restrictions, please feel free to provide your child a snack each day. Mark the snack with your child’s name and turn it in at check-in each day.